Saturday 7 July 2007

Its my birthday

Well, it was my birthday yesterday. I hate birthdays. They always felt so magical and filled you wth such antisipation, only to be let down right at the last minute. As a kid I never got very much. I suppose it was because there was 4 of us, and money was tight. Don't get me wrong, I was never ungreaful for anything I got, I just felt let down because my mates always got bigger better things and made sure I knew it too. Maybe thats why I always go short for my kids, so they don't feel the same let down and never feel like they have been let down.


I'm not really talking to my mum at the moment, long story really. My dad doesn't particularly care what happens to me, he'd rather side with my prick of an ex over the most stupid of things but hey, I lived without him before, I'm sure as hell I'll be ok without him now!


The day started ok, I opened my cards from the kids and Steve my OH (Other half), my nan, auntie Carol and supruisingly my mum. Why she bothered getting me one and not my youngest I don't know, needless to say I didn't bother putting it up.


Then we waited til my new dress came, its this one , aint it pretty?
I bought some shoes to go with it from New Look, but not sure if I like them still, so may end up going for some more.
So, after that we went through to Sheffield to see OH's nan for a while, we had Bailey with us for once so took him over with us. Stayed there for a bit, came home, watched TV and went to bed so all in all a good day.
Next weekend we are due to go to my nans in Hertfordshire to my auntie Carol's engagement do. I'm dreading the 3 hour coach journey, no way are the kids going to sit still, I may have to invest in some Phenigan. Any suggestions as to keep a 2 year old and a 4 year old entertained whilst on this journey would be gratefully received, answers on a postcard, Thanks.

No comments: